At our last meeting, we told you about the Ashford Ayres Bursary, awarded to a WI member in Cornwall who has never been to Denman before. The Bursary offers £450 which includes fees and costs towards travel for a course of your choice. The draw will be made at the Annual Council Meeting in September and is valid for two years. Contact the CFWI office on (01872) 272843 for further information. Closing date for applications is Thursday 1 September.
But there are other bursaries available as well! Just today, Denman published its own list of 2016-17 bursaries. They are as follows:
Denman First-Timer bursaries
Six bursaries of £250 towards any open residential course are available for members who have not attended a residential course at Denman before.
Lois Parker bursaries
Six bursaries of £250 are available towards any open residential course for any WI member.
Denman Carer bursaries
Five bursaries of £550 are available for an open residential course, travel up to £50 and replacement carer costs up to 80% subject to a maximum of £100 per night.
Denman ‘Spring Fling’ bursaries
Six bursaries of £250 for any WI member are available for use on any residential open course taking place in February, March or April 2017.
Two bursaries of £200 are available as a result of a group fundraising effort from a tea and cake stall at BBC Radio 6 Music’s 2016 festival, to WI members who would not otherwise have the opportunity to go to Denman. They can be used towards either course fees or travel.
Gwen Garner bursary (kindly donated by Lesley Garner in memory of her late mother Gwen Garner)
Two bursaries of £300 each are available for an open residential art course including a travel contribution.
Freda Barnicoat travel bursary (kindly donated by John Barnicoat in memory of his late wife) the following travel bursaries are available for members attending an open residential course:
• Four travel bursaries for members living a minimum distance of 100 miles from Denman up to a maximum of £100.
• Four travel bursaries for members living a minimum distance of 150 miles from Denman up to a maximum of £150.
To apply for any of the Denman-allocated bursaries, please send a short letter in support of your application to: Karen Hodge, Denman, Marcham, OXON, OX13 6NW. Or email it to email@example.com
In your letter or email please give the following details:
• Your full name, contact details, WI and Federation
• The name of the bursary you would like to apply for
• Whether you have received a bursary from Denman in the past
• The number and title of the course you would like to attend if your application for a bursary is successful plus a second and third choice.
• Any accommodation or dietary needs, should your application be successful
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd July 2016. Successful applicants will be contacted in writing by Friday 5th August 2016. Regrettably it will not be possible to notify unsuccessful applicants.
Go on! Give it a go!